There has been an increase in mutant coronavirus for the past month. “More cases are occurring in children around the world due to the mutant coronavirus. For example, if there are around 40 thousand cases, one in 10 of them is children“
One year behind in the Coronavirus epidemic, one of the most popular issues was the mutation of the virus. However, the virus, which has recently mutated, has also changed behavior. The new mutant, which coincides with the beginning of face-to-face education in schools, affects children more.
‘IT IS VERY EASY TO COME’ MUTANT CORONAVIRUS
“Especially young children, ie under 5 years old, are less contagious. But the new mutant, the modified version of the virus, is much more contagious. Of course, children are also affected by this contagion. There are more cases in children all over the world in the last month. Especially the British mutant coronavirus is much more contagious. It does not watch heavy, but it gets smeared more easily. It settles in people’s upper respiratory tract and the chance of transmission is easier.
There is an increase in both children under 9 years old and between 9-18 years old. As far as we can see, there is a serious increase in pediatric infection groups. There are more patients than 1 month ago. For example, if there are around 40 thousand cases, one in 10 of them are children, but it is not possible to give a clear number right now.
‘ATTENTION TO MIS-C SYNDROME’
There are around 10 patients in the pediatric clinic and 1-2 of them are intensive care patients. There is no excessive fullness in intensive care. The disease is milder in children. However, there are serious cases. There is a disease called MIS-C.
Their number has increased. A disease in which high fever develops due to Covid. It results in the retention of all systems. Heart, kidney, the brain can be kept.
WHAT HAPPENS WHEN A CASE HAPPENS IN SCHOOLS?
Recently, it is stated that there has been an increase in cases of mutant coronavirus in kindergartens and primary schools. According to the relevant legislation of the Ministry of National Education and the Ministry of Health, if any of the students in a class are diagnosed with Covid-19, the following is done:
- If all students and teachers wear their masks correctly and there are no other cases, those in the class can be considered as contact and continue their education.
- However, in cases where the mask is worn irregularly or not, all students and the teacher are considered to be in close contact regardless of the case or not.
- If any of the teachers are diagnosed with COVID-19, if the teacher does not have a risky contact outside of the school, the students in the first class are considered to be in close contact, and all other teachers are considered to be in contact.
- Fever measurements are made by questioning the symptoms twice a day with an interval of at least 2 lesson hours for 14 days. Those who indicate symptoms or have a high fever are referred to a health institution.
- Close contacts are sent home and followed up for 10 days.