What is quinoa milk? Quinoa, which we all heard of at least once, is an indispensable food on diet lists. Because it is gluten-free, it is a food that celiac patients can easily consume. Since it is a complete protein, that is, it contains all of the essential amino acids, it can keep the person full for a long time. Thanks to its high fiber content, it facilitates digestion, prevents constipation, accelerates metabolism, and positively affects the weight loss process; In addition, it prevents heart diseases, diabetes, and high blood pressure due to its low glycemic index. It is also good for anemia due to its iron content, it is also a powerful antioxidant due to the vitamin B2 in it. It has a lowering effect on LDL and total cholesterol while keeping HDL high.
WHAT IS QUINOA MILK, HOW IS IT MADE?
Although it is a cereal that we count so many benefits, we cannot say that people include quinoa in their diet. We thought maybe we could make a nice drink if we made the milk. It can be a delicious, lactose-free, and vegan alternative to milk. You can use it not only by drinking but also by applying it to your hair; Recommended for more groomed, shinier hair.
Here is the recipe!!
* 1/2 cup quinoa
* Water for soaking and cooking
* 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract (optional)
* 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder (optional)
* 1 tablespoon of honey (optional)
* Soak the quinoa overnight in water enough to cover it.
* The next day, strain the wetting water of the quinoa and boil 1 glass of water, add the quinoa and boil it a second time, then close the lid of the pan and cook for 15 more minutes on low heat.
* Put the softened quinoa in the blender or mixer and add 2 glasses of water and mix on a high setting until smooth.
* Strain the liquid through a fine strainer or a thin cloth such as cheesecloth. Your milk also drains on its own, but you can speed up the process by squeezing the cheesecloth or pressing the strainer.
* Pour the filtered liquid back into the blender or mixer and add water until it reaches the desired consistency. (gradually and by mixing after each addition)
* If you want, add vanilla extract, cinnamon, and honey to your milk. Consume it cold or hot. You can keep quinoa milk in the refrigerator for 3-5 days.
Enjoy your meal!