How to get rid of anxiety? We have researched and compiled relaxing exercises for you that you can do in your stressful moments. Here are the relaxing exercises that will save your stressful moments…
Stress is unfortunately a big part of our lives in today’s living conditions. It is impossible to stay away from stress in city life, which is full of hustle and bustle. Although there are many methods to control stress and anxiety, many of them are long-term methods. Of course, it is also possible to control stress instantly! We have researched and compiled relaxing exercises that you can do in your stressful moments. Here are some relaxing exercises for those who want to reduce the stress in their lives…
1. How To Get Rid Of Anxiety? – Muscle relaxation exercise
Let’s start with an exercise that will help you combat stress, anxiety, insomnia and muscle soreness:
- Lie down on the soft ground. Inhale and tighten your lower leg muscles. Release your muscles as you exhale.
- After waiting for 10-20 seconds, apply the same method for your upper leg muscles. Do this exercise for the muscles in your hips, abdomen, back, chest, and face, respectively.
- Take care not to be hasty and take deep breaths.
2. Alternate nose exercise
Let’s continue with a breathing exercise that you can combine with yoga and meditation! This type of exercise, which fights anxiety and stress, also helps you clear your mind.
- Sit in a comfortable position. Place your left hand on your left knee.
- Take a deep and full breath. Close your right nostril with the thumb of your right hand.
- Exhale through your left nostril. Then open your right nostril and close your left nostril. Repeat this exercise 3 times.
- When finishing the exercise, always end by exhaling through your left nostril.
3. Sense exercise
This method, which you can apply in very stressful moments, helps you remember your beautiful moments and relax.
- Smell soothing essential oils like lavender oil. If you wish, you can create a relaxing atmosphere by lighting scented candles. You can click here to find the most popular lavender oils, and here to find a variety of scented candles.
- Wrap up in a soft toy or blanket. Choose comfortable and soft clothes instead of tight clothes.
- Cook your favorite food or prepare a plate of your favorite fruit. Drinking your favorite beverage can also fulfill your pleasure.
- Turn on your favorite songs and let the music flow. If you wish, you can also listen to natural and peaceful sounds such as rain, wind or bird sounds.
4. How To Get Rid Of Anxiety? – Count your breaths
When it comes to relaxing exercises, one of the first exercises that come to mind is breathing exercises! breathing exercises; It’s a great way to control your anger, anxiety, and even hunger pangs!
- Focus on your breathing.
- First, empty your lungs completely. Take a slow, deep breath for 4 seconds.
- Hold your breath for 7 seconds.
- Exhale slowly over 8 seconds. Repeat this exercise 4 times.
5. Diaphragmatic breath
We do not know the effects of diaphragm breathing on both our mental and physical health! This method, which you can apply for 5-10 minutes every day, helps you relieve stress.
- Sit in a comfortable position.
- Place one hand on your chest and one hand on your stomach.
- Inhale slowly through your nose. Let the breath you take fill your stomach. At this point, your hand on your chest should not move while your hand on your stomach moves.
- Tighten your abdominal muscles and exhale to return to your starting position.
6. Palm exercise
Let’s continue with an exercise that will relax both your eyes and your mind when it comes to relaxing exercises!
- Warm your hands by rubbing them together. If you wish, you can also use warm-hot water to warm your hands.
- Take a comfortable position.
- Close your hands over your eyes. Your fingertips should meet over your nose.
- Open your eyes and make sure that no light enters your palms. If the light is coming from your palms, change your position and move away from the light source.
- When you meet the necessary conditions, close your eyes and start taking deep breaths. Focus on your breath and the warmth in your hands.
7. How To Get Rid Of Anxiety? – Focus exercise
Let’s end our list with this exercise, which is actually a kind of yoga exercise. Thanks to the focus exercise, you not only relieve stress but also empty your mind. In this way, you can approach the events in a much more efficient way.
- Raise your arm so that it is at eye level.
- Make fists with your hands, raise your thumbs.
- Focus on your thumb first, then the tip of your nose. You can add a third focal point if you wish.
- Continue this exercise for 5 minutes. If you wish, you can combine the focus exercise with the palming exercise.