Luckily, you can use an Xbox One controller to play Nintendo games! Like most people, you probably think there is no way to use an Xbox controller on the Nintendo Switch. After all, these are two very different systems with entirely different control schemes and user interfaces. However, while it may seem like they aren’t compatible, can you use a Xbox controller on Switch? The truth is that you can use it on a Nintendo Switch if you have the right accessories and know how to pair it properly.
CAN YOU USE A XBOX CONTROLLER ON SWITCH? WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO USE AN XBOX CONTROLLER ON SWITCH
To successfully use an Xbox controller on the Nintendo Switch, you’ll need an adapter or extra controller to make it happen. Here are the items you’ll need to make this work:
- An Xbox One controller
- An Xbox One wireless controller
- An Xbox One wired controller
- An Xbox One Elite controller
- An Xbox One S controller
- An Xbox One S wireless controller
- An Xbox One S wired controller
- The Nintendo Switch Joy-Con Charging Dock
- A USB-C to USB-A cable for the Nintendo Switch
Best One Controller Accessories For Switch
Now that we’ve covered what you’ll need let’s talk about the best Xbox One controller accessories for the Switch. We’ve selected these based on the quality of each product, as well as the ease of use and functionality. Which one of these is the best One controller to use with the Switch? That’s up to you to decide!
- Xbox One S Bluetooth Wireless Controller
- Xbox One S Controller
- Xbox One Elite Controller
- Xbox One S Wired Controller
- Nintendo Switch Pro Controller
- Nintendo Switch Joy-Con Charging Grip
- Nintendo Switch Joy-Con Charging Dock
If you’re interested in using an Xbox controller on the Switch, you can do so by purchasing any of these items. Most of these are identical to the Xbox One Elite controller, currently our top pick for the best Xbox One controller.
HOW TO USE AN ONE CONTROLLER ON A NINTENDO SWITCH
If you’re planning on using an Xbox controller to play Nintendo Switch games, you’ll need to connect it to your system first. You can do this one of two ways:
- Connect the One controller to the Switch via Bluetooth
- Connect the One controller to the Switch via USB. These two methods are the easiest to connect your controller to your system and make the process quick and easy. Remember that if you connect your controller to the Switch wirelessly, you’ll need to keep it charged. If your controller runs out of power mid-game, you’ll need to plug it in to continue playing.
Using A Pro Controller With An Xbox One Adapter
The Xbox One S Controller Adapter is the fastest and easiest way to use an Xbox One S Pro Controller with the Switch. You can use it to play all games on the Switch, including first-person shooters, fighting games, racing games, and more! It’s compatible with the Nintendo Switch and Xbox One S, making it an excellent choice for gamers who enjoy using different systems.
You can use it to play Fortnite, PUBG, Overwatch, and every other Switch game that supports controllers. The Xbox One S Controller Adapter is easy to set up and use so that you can get right back to gaming in no time!